Teeth-in-a-Day can get you a brand new full set of teeth, or upper teeth, or lower teeth, all in a single day. Using 4-6 dental implants as part of the overall procedure, teeth-in-a-day are a long-term alternative to dentures.
Reasons for Teeth-in-a-Day
If you need a full set of upper, lower or all teeth, you may be a candidate for teeth-in-a-day. Drastically cutting the time it previously took to replace a full set of teeth, you walk into our office for your appointment and walk out with a new set of teeth.
Teeth-in-a-day eliminates the need to wait for osseointegration (fusion with the jawbone), which previously added a lot of time to the process. Now, with precise planning and execution, you can enjoy your new smile quicker than ever.
Teeth-in-a-Day: What to Expect
When you come into the office for your appointment, we’ll have already laid out the entire plan for you during our consultation. The appointment itself generally consists of seven steps:
- X-ray and 3D scan to do a complete oral examination and analysis
- Computer simulation to plan for the procedure with complete precision
- 3D surgical guide allows for precise positioning of the implants
- Implant placement (we remove any failing teeth if necessary)
- Prosthetic fitting, preparing to affix your new teeth to the implant
- Prosthetic placement, after an appropriate period of healing
- Leave the office with a beautiful new smile
The prosthetic you’ll leave the office with will stay in your mouth for approximately six months as we fabricate the permanent prosthesis. The temporary prosthesis is strong, attractive and necessary as it places less stress on your implants as they fully heal. Once fully healed, your mouth will be strong enough to support the permanent prosthesis.
We’ll schedule four follow-up appointments with you: a week after the procedure, two weeks after the procedure, two months after the procedure and four months after the procedure.
You should eat soft foods that don’t require any tearing or biting for around six months until you get the permanent prosthesis.
We’re Ready to Help You
At Cajon Dental, everything we do is centered on you, your health and your experience.